Now that the northbound lanes of Highway 169 for the Mankato levee have been raised, construction will move to the southbound lanes on Friday, with traffic impacts changing to include:
- Westbound Highway 14 traffic detour to southbound Highway 169
- Eastbound Highway 14 traffic detour to northbound Highway 169
- Southbound Highway 169 traffic detour to westbound Highway 14
- Northbound Highway 169 traffic detour to westbound Highway 14
- Northbound Highway 169 LOCAL traffic detour to westbound Highway 14
The Minnesota Department of Transportation says drivers can expect these restrictions to be in place until early to mid-November, weather permitting.
Stage 2 of the levee work, raising the southbound lanes, will start immediately after the traffic switch. MnDOT says the project is designed to bring the Mankato Levee up to current FEMA standards and is a partnership effort between MnDOT, Mankato and North Mankato.
The total project cost is about $1,670,000.