The Housing Choice Voucher (section 8) waiting list for the City of Mankato and Blue Earth County opens Monday, April 8. To meet eligibility criteria:
- meet income limits.
- provide accurate information, and submit only one application per household.
- qualify for local preference. At this time, applications will only be accepted from individuals and families who qualify for local preference, which includes one or more of the following:
- head of household or spouse/co-head must live, work, or attend school in Blue Earth County.
- non-elderly disabled households must live, work, or attend school in Blue Earth, Brown, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, LeSueur, Martin, Mower, Nicollet, Olmsted, Rice, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha, Waseca, Watonwan, or Winona Counties of Southeast Minnesota.
- applicants with veteran status based on DD-214 discharge papers showing previous service, or at least 181 consecutive dates, or by reason of disability incurred while on active duty.
- applicant being displaced due to natural disaster or government action.
- applicant is being displaced due to domestic violence.
Applications will not be accepted until waiting list opens on Monday, April 8. Once open, applications may be submitted online. The online application link will be available on the Mankato’s and Blue Earth County’s websites. Those without Internet access may use computers at:
- Intergovernmental Center, 10 Civic Center Plaza, Mankato, Minn.
- Blue Earth County Library, 100 East Main Street, Mankato, Minn. (A library card is required and available at the circulation desk at no cost.)
- Minnesota Valley Action Council, 706 North Victory Drive, Mankato, Minn.
If online access is unavailable or help is needed to accommodate a disability or language, contact staff at 311 or 507-387-8600 to schedule an appointment. Duplicate and incomplete applications will not be considered.