Mankato-Take the 2020 Community Response Rate Challenge–simply complete your household census online, by phone or mail by April 30–and help beat the 2010 census self-response rate of 74.1%. The current self-response rate in Mankato is 52.4%.
Everyone counts and privacy is protected. A complete and accurate count is important because the results affect the community every day, including:
- Public safety and emergency preparedness.
- Hospitals and health care.
- Community development.
- School lunch programs, Head Start, Special education, Title 1, K through 12 programming.
- Pell grants, rural education, adult education and preschool special education.
- Highway planning and construction.
- Rural water and waste disposal systems.
- Community funding.
- Congressional representation and more.
- A timely self-response also saves taxpayer dollars.
Take the challenge today. Learn more about the 2020 Census.
For more information contact staff at 311 or 507-387-8600.