11/17/21 Entertainment News
— Actor George Clooney is very upset about the deadly shooting on the set of Alec Baldwin’s movie in New Mexico. He told a podcast what happened was “infuriating.” Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins died and the director of “Rust” was injured last month when Baldwin fired a gun. Clooney mentioned the movie’s armorer and said a young person with little experience shouldn’t be in charge of weapons. Clooney also talked about what happens each time he’s given a weapon on set. He said he opens it and shows it to many people.
— Fans are getting their first look at the upcoming Spider-Man movie. The “Spider-Man: No Way Home” trailer starring Tom Holland debuted Tuesday night. In it, fans see Holland’s Peter Parker battle villains from different universes. This comes after he enlists the help of Doctor Strange to erase the public’s memory that he is the web-slinging superhero. The new movie re-introduces Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock, Jamie Foxx’s Electro, Thomas Haden Church’s Sandman, Symbiote, and Willem Dafoe’s Green Goblin. The actors are reprising their roles as villains from different Spider-Man movies where Holland did not play the lead. “Spider-Man: No Way Home” is in theaters on December 17th.
— Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is pitching himself as the next James Bond. Speaking to Esquire, Johnson made his argument for why he should take over the role as Daniel Craig’s tenure ends. He noted his grandfather Peter Maivia played a Bond villain in “You Only Live Twice” and he wants to follow in his footsteps. Johnson insisted he has to be Double-Oh-Seven and doesn’t want to be a villain. His grandfather’s movie came out in 1967 when Sean Connery was playing the British MI6 agent.
— An original cast member on the hit Fox show “9-1-1” is leaving following the COVID vaccine mandate. Rockmond Dunbar is exiting the show after more than four seasons, with his character abruptly written off the show in Monday night’s episode. Deadline reports Dunbar requested a medical and religious exemption to avoid new COVID protocols on the show requiring all actors to be vaccinated, which were denied. Dunbar released a statement to Deadline saying his beliefs and medical history are “very intimate” and he looks forward to “what the future holds.”
— TikTok is teaming up with media company MACRO to support a group of emerging Black content creators. Ten Black creatives will receive 50-thousand-dollar grants from TikTok and MACRO to help propel their content. TikTok’s latest partnership is part of a growing initiative aiming to support Black content creators who feel they’re often overlooked. Over the summer, dozens of Black content creators went on strike because they felt they weren’t being credited for developing many of the trends that fuel the platform.
— HBO Max is set to welcome the world back to Hogwarts. Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson will join other cast members and director Chris Columbus for an HBO Max special celebrating “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” which premiered 20 years ago. “Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return To Hogwarts” will premiere January 1st, 2022, telling an “enchanting making-of story” that features new interviews and cast conversations, according to HBO Max. All eight of the original Harry Potter films are on HBO Max for those looking to refresh their memory before the special.
— Actor Miles Teller is clarifying that he is in fact vaccinated. The actor took to Twitter to disclose his vaccination status after appearing in Taylor Swift’s latest music video for “I Bed You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version).” Fans had slammed Swift online for hiring Teller when he allegedly shut down a film set after catching the virus because he was not vaccinated. However, his publicist adamantly denied that it was him on the set who got coronavirus. Teller said the only thing he is anti is anti-hate.